Friday, May 9, 2008

Priest





Ok sirs, I finally finished it!! YAY!! So I was listening to Smodcast(podcast by Kevin Smith and Scott Moseir) and they were talking about priests and how some of them have molested children and get away with it. Well sort of. These kind of cases don't usually go to trial. At least none that I've heard of. But anyways, I just kinda felt sort of inspired to draw a priest in shackles. The point really is that those perverted assholes shouldn't get away with shit like that!!
So here's the picture. From start to finish. I actually started with the idea in mind and didn't really changed it. Not too much at least. For one of my art classes, the model did this similar look. she was kind looking up, sort of proud and I wanted to show that expression on this cat, not that being arrested is something to be proud of, but I think that with this expression you get the feeling that he's being sort of cynical and a hypocrite. I sketch it out and when i was happy with the look, I then penciled it and took a picture because I don't have a scanner but I think it also gives it more texture. I then colored directly over the pencils in photoshop. I'm pretty happy with the results not to mentioned that I gained a little more confidence painting digitally.

2 comments:

000000 said...

Batman,

Hey, I was looking at this sketch and the way you completed it with PS, and I figured you might want to try this:

Get some Bristol paper, and use the color sticks from work and/or Prismacolor pencils. Layer the color carefully and then use a paint brushes dipped in turpentine (that what I've used) to lay strokes onto the wax. Sometimes, it almost looks like colored marker, or maybe watercolor.

Try it out.

Magdiel said...

Will do thanks man